The Industrial and Manufacturing systems Engineering Advisory Council is a group of industrial, business, and professional leaders who are interested in the vitality of Kansas State University's IMSE department. The Council helps the department to strengthen its learning, research, and outreach programs; improve its facilities; expand its base of support; and serve its alumni. Council members actively participate in the continual assessment of the department's progress and the development of department/industry partnerships. Additionally, members asssit the department by:
- Attracting new students to the program through recruitment and fundraising for IMSE scholarships
- Contributing to the education of IMSE students by providing input and feedback on topics such as market trends, curriculum development, and identification of skills and professional qualities expected by employers.
- Participating in the learning process by serving as a guest lecturer, evaluating student projects, and providing case studies.
- Facilitating the careers of IMSE students through mentorship, providing internships, and/or hiring graduates.
- Assisting in program development by identifying program needs, developing strategies for improvement, and participating in development efforts.
2017-2018 IMSE Advisory Council Members:Chris Althoff, West Monroe Partners
Reuben Burch, Mississippi State University
Patrick Caldwell, Advanced Ceramics Manufacturing
Sara Coash, Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Robert Copple, Via Christi Hospital Manhattan
Kyle Franklin, Lockheed Martin
Paul Garcia, John Deere
Darren Haverkamp, Hill's Pet Nutrition
Bryce Huschka, ExxonMobil
Dresden Huston, Pepsico Frito-Lay
Dan Janatello, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City
Lori Jester, Pfizer
Kerry Kaiser, J.B. Hunt Transport
Mandy Kelly, Honeywell FM&T
Jeff Kerbs, Walmart
Mark Neier, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Gordon Rourk, American Airlines
Connie Satzler, EnVisage Consulting, Inc.
Kristine Sheedy, ExxonMobil
Mason Stewart, Garmin International, Inc.
Simeon O. Terry, Austin Commercial, L.P.
Brian Zerr, American Express Company