- Three Kansas State University students receive prestigious Gilman scholarships to study abroad
Three Kansas State University students have received the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship to study abroad in Ghana, Japan and the Czech Republic.
- The Identity Initiative
IMSE department and alumni groups continue mission to refocus education on identity development
- IMSE's Global Campus: Student completes operations research graduate degree during military assignment with NOAA Corps
Heather Moe was aboard a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ship somewhere off the West Coast when she discovered the field of operations research.
- Two IE graduates speak at fall engineering commencement
Industrial engineering voices were prominent at the fall engineering commencement, as graduating senior Drew Ewing and 1990 graduate Ray Dempsey were selected as featured speakers for the December ceremony.
- Former Dept. Head Frank Tillman passes away
Frank Tillman, emeritus faculty for the Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering department at Kansas State University, passed away on Feb. 26, 2017.
- Rosario deploys IE skills in Air Force missile warning program
Wherever Natasha Rosario goes, success seems to follow. A 2008 graduate of Kansas State University, Rosario serves as a captain in the United States Air Force. Stationed at Buckley Air Force Base (AFB) in Colorado, she leverages the industrial engineering training she received at K-State to manage military assets worth billions and safeguard our nation.
- Exchange program in Czech Republic offers win-win for IMSE students
Many industrial engineering students have taken advantage of K-State’s exchange program with Czech Technical University, which offers in-state tuition and pre-approved transfer courses.
- Resume critique and interview 'speed dating' connect Academy members with IMSE students
Prior to the K-State career fair, IMSE students were given a chance to brush up their resume and interviewing skills with the IMSE Professional Academy.
Alumni Connections Newsletter