The Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering Advisory Council is a group of industrial, business, and professional leaders who are interested in the vitality of Kansas State University's IMSE department. The Council helps the department to strengthen its learning, research, and outreach programs; improve its facilities; expand its base of support; and serve its alumni. Council members actively participate in the continual assessment of the department's progress and the development of department/industry partnerships. Additionally, members assist the department by:
- Attracting new students to the program through recruitment and fundraising for IMSE scholarships
- Contributing to the education of IMSE students by providing input and feedback on topics such as market trends, curriculum development, and identification of skills and professional qualities expected by employers.
- Participating in the learning process by serving as a guest lecturer, evaluating student projects, and providing case studies.
- Facilitating the careers of IMSE students through mentorship, providing internships, and/or hiring graduates.
- Assisting in program development by identifying program needs, developing strategies for improvement, and participating in development efforts.
2018 - 2019 IMSE Advisory Council Members:Chris Althoff, West Monroe Partners
Brett Beem, TVH Americas TotalSource® Parts and Accessories
Judy Bloch, Citi
Sara Coash, Hallmark Cards, Incorporated
Robert C. Copple, Via Christi Hospital Manhattan
Kyle Franklin, Lockheed Martin
Paul Garcia, John Deere Waterloo Works
Mike Heatwole, Mars Wrigley Confectionery
Darren Haverkamp, Hill's Pet Nutrition / Colgate-Palmolive
Dresden Huston, Frito Lay (PepsiCo)
Shelley Jaderborg, Torotel
Lori Jester, AveXis
Kerry Kaiser, J.B. Hunt Transport, Inc.
Mandy Kelly, Honeywell
Mark Neier, Deloitte Consulting LLP
Gordon Rourk, American Airlines
Connie Satzler, EnVisage Consulting, Inc.
Kristine Sheedy, ExxonMobil
Brian Spano, Wilson & Company
Mason Stewart, Garmin International, Inc.
Simeon O. Terry, Austin Commercial, L.P.